Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pokemon for Charity

I just realized I never posted this painting anywhere on any of my pages.

I participated in a gallery organized by Amy Kim and Peter Le, two amazing people from my program. There were 151 artists who were each assigned one of the original 151 Pokemon. They were to illustrate that Pokemon in whatever style they wanted to. These pieces were all auctioned off online, and all the proceeds went to Canines for Disabled Children.

Kotaku got word of us and we were featured on their page, and because of that, our auction got way more views than we ever imagined.

If you want to see all 151 pieces, click here.

My Pokemon was Vileplume.

This was painted with acrylic paint on cold press illustration board. I never thought it would earn more than $15 for the auction, but it ended up going for $250.

I was very humbled by the experience. I learned that although I may hate my work and I think I'm absolutely right to believe it sucks, others may think it is worth much more. I learned that perfection isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment