Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Very Long-Overdue Update

It's been quite some time since I last updated my blog. I just thought I should post a little bit of what I worked on recently.

This year, I participated in another art auction for charity. It was a continuation of the Pokemon art auction I painted the Vileplume painting for last year. The theme this year was Nintendo, and my character was Toon Link. I had a lot of fun with this piece, and it taught me a lot about lighting, and I "re-learned" the hard way that you shouldn't throw out your paint palette halfway through a painting...


This semester, I was enrolled in the advanced computer animation class. We focused a lot on character performance, thought processes, dialogue, and lip syncing. This was the first time I animated to sound, and it was a lot of fun! My teacher said one thing that really stuck with me:
"Your character is trying to express himself, but he's stuck in his default pose. It's your job as an animator to free him of his rigidity and help him express his thoughts to the world." Hopefully I did a decent job. I still have a very long way to go, but I learned so much in this class this year. I'm proud of the progress I made :)

Again, there are poses, then quick studies, then animation projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment