Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Speed Painting #7

Today has been a good day.


I got up early in the morning and met up with a couple friends. We did some beginner Tae Kwon Do stuff, and that got my day started in a nice and active way. Then we hung out for brunch. I went home and relaxed a bit, playing some Phoenix Wright. My sister came and visited for a bit, which is always awesome, even if we're just sitting there. Then I got to spend a little time with my brother, although it was just grocery shopping, but I'll take what I can get. Then I went to my apartment and helped cook dinner for my roommate's birthday. We set up a table outside and ate while we enjoyed each others' company and the nice weather. Had some heart-to-heart with my awesome house mate. On my way home, I got to know one of my classmates from the spring semester a little better, which was... unexpected, but very pleasant. Then I did my speed painting while munching on some cherry tomatoes.

I don't know why today was so awesome. It wasn't an extraordinary day. I guess today was just very simple and nothing went wrong at all. I hope I have more days like this :)


All my speed paintings so far have been from a folder of photos from Goro Fujita. Today, I did another one. Here is number seven:




Lots of the values are wrong. I know I should be focusing more on values right now. I tried to care less about this one so I wouldn't spent too much time on it. I also tried to see shapes better, but this one seemed a little complex to start out looking for shapes since I'm so out of practice. My shapes didn't work well. I think my next one will be black and white. Maybe I'll do this one in black and white...? Taking out color will leave one less thing to frustrate me.

I didn't enjoy doing this one as much. Probably because I'm so tired now, haha. I didn't get much sleep since I woke up so early for Tae Kwon Do, and I've just been up all day, having a splendid time. I didn't realize how tired I was until I was half way done with this. Well, I'm not done with this, cuz it looks like poop, but this is as done as I'll go with it today because I'm growing slightly irritated at it, and I don't want to ruin my day at the very end. So, I will end today as a good day. :) Goodnight, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. nice job jessica :))) !!! you're so good :DD keep at it!! xD

    ReplyDelete