Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Biggest Drawing I've Done. Ever.

It's been a while since I posted.... I forgot about this blog. I have so many blogs to update, and I don't update the other ones very often, so I don't update this one as much even though this one actually matters.... Somewhat....

Anyway, this is the latest thing I had been working on. It's for my church's Vacation Bible School, which is essentially a summer camp for kids 6th grade and younger, but on top of all the summer camp things, they also learn about the bible. The theme this year is "The Big Apple," like New York. My job was just to draw a subway platform that will go on the wall where the stairs are in my church, and I had to make it look like the kids could just step into this picture and board the subway. The dimensions are 7 feet and 10 inches by 5 feet. The coloring will be done later by some other people on staff because I don't have the time to color it myself.

I have to admit, although I'm not too happy with the way it turned out, it was still pretty fun. Major props go to my friend Anh Nguyen for working on this with me for hours. Thanks also go to Patrick Khachi and Ryan Ramirez for their help as well. And thanks to all three of them for encouraging me when I wanted to burn it because I couldn't stop thinking about how much I hated it. All in all, I'm glad it's finished. It really doesn't look half bad. I guess I had just been staring at it for too long.

6 comments: