Sunday, July 1, 2012

Speed Painting #14

Well... Here's a sinking ship...
Photo:

Painting:

The stupid type on the ship is awful. I tried to write it in quickly and get back to it later to paint the shapes instead of writing it, but I didn't get to it. A lot of my values are wrong too.

I know I still have 2 left, but I think this will be my last one. I'm really tired and I don't think I'll learn much more if I keep going. It was really hard for me to find my shapes on this one, and this one was supposed to be easier. It's only going to get worse if I keep painting.

A consistent thing in all four paintings is that I'm afraid to go dark. The darkest parts of my painting are never dark enough.

I like these painting days. I need more of these :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like the painting day. I like how you did the waves. You blend better than me.

    ReplyDelete